Sunday, December 16, 2007

Light Shines Out

I wish I could say that Christmas is a merry time for everyone but that isn't so.
Many people struggle with loneliness and depression during this time of the year.
If you are having one of those dark days remember that the babe who lay in a manger
was born at night and not during the day to give light to everyone in darkness.

"Arise (from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you--rise to a new life!)
Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord) for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen
upon you! For behold, darkness shall cover the earth and dense darkness all peoples, but the Lord shall arise upon you and His glory shall be seen on you." Isa. 60:1,2 Amplified Bible

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am finding the season this year to be one of mixed emotions, not completely depressing but not as cheerful as last. Some 'nights' it's harder to find/see the light than others but His glory will shine again.

hrpeters said...

I've been struggling and I know a lot of people are but I'm reminded again that Christ created us to be overcomers.