Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Vive la difference



We had a few guests over at our house spending the weekend and because one of them was hearing impaired, we used subtitles on our movies. Since there were five women and just one lonely man...he had to endure our pick which was Little Women.






The next night he got even by voting on Gladiator.
Now I happen to love both movies so I had no problem with the pick. Maybe it was the novelty of watching a movie with subtitles that helped me notice something that had eluded me before...no, it wasn't the storyline or the obvious differences between a "chick flick" and a "man's movie:" one filled with relationships while the other full of blood and guts-- it was something else.



It was the dialog!!! This is where the realm of masculinity and femininity can clearly be seen, or rather should I say heard? Here's the challenge...watch both movies with subtitles and you'll see the contrast. What do I say?
Vive la difference!

No comments: