Saturday, January 19, 2008

Breaking Free




Faith is a fight most of the times and everything true will be tested. I see the struggle like a metamorphosis...the transformation happens in the darkness and hardness of a crystalis. Part of the struggle is the aloneness of it all--will we ever get out? Why all this pain and constriction...will we ever be free? We wait and wonder and struggle yet we can no more escape the process than a butterfly for it is who we are and what we are fashioned for.







I remember hearing a woman speak on the radio who was describing a butterfly breaking free from it's cystalis. As she saw the thing struggle she decided to help it by tearing the sides of the capsule only to find that when the butterfly emerge it was deformed and soon died. The struggle and fight to get out of its prison was the thing that transformed it.




How often have I aborted the affect of change in my own life because I was tired of the process? I cry out, "God get me out of here!" When all the time He is saying, "I'm answering your prayer to make you whole." I doubt Him because it doesn't seem like the way to transformation, in fact it feels like the opposite is happening. Free me sooner, make the process painless and the very life I crave to live is unattainable. That's why faith is a fight to me and I don't think I'm the only one who sees it that way...







"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gave on things that cannot be seen for the things we see ow will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 2 Cor. 4:16-18 New Living Translation.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautifully written Helen. And no, you are not alone. Faith is a fight for sure.

hrpeters said...

Thank you for the encouragement as always Rebecca. I hope people who read this blog will be lifted up.

cassiealexandra said...

I love this post. Your writing always lifts me up. Love your niece, Cassie
P.S. I have a blog now. I haven't written much yet but its cassiealexandra.blogspot.com
I love you!

Unknown said...

Beautifully written...
Awesome pictures..

What more..

No matter how hard you hit all that counts is how high you bounce back...