Thursday, October 18, 2007

Target Practice

Every time I am offended or hurt
or feel sorry for myself

I know what has been the target
carefully aimed at by God…my pride.

After every arrow has been plucked out
I see better what You were centering on.

Pride is blind to its own existence.
The pain I feel after these lessons is to realize
that pride in me has always been Your target.

The pain I feel is there to wake me up to its presence.
You have been aiming at a hot-air balloon
because pride is full of itself.

Deflate me till I hit the ground of reality!


DISCIPLINE

We look to God for pleasure but deny His hands bring pain.
How can pride without pain? Hos. 6:1

We look to God to build us up but deny He tears us down.
How can He add to a faulty structure? Ps. 127:1

We look to God for fruitfulness but deny He will cut.
How can fruit come without pruning? Jn. 15:1,2


THE SOURCE

There is a love that is deeper
than the one emotions can flame.

It finds its source in its loved one
whether in desert or rain.

It goes beyond the surface of feeling
down into the deepest commitment.

Here the hail, wind and storm
cannot disturb its sweet contentment.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Those are great. Usually when I'm offended or hurt I think it's an arrow in the hands of the enemy.