Saturday, May 31, 2008

An Encouraging Word

Excerpts from Come Away My Beloved by Frances Roberts

"No obstacle within yourself can restrict My grace. I love you when you cannot love yourself. I forgive you when you are still repenting. I am blessing you while you are still pleading for mercy. I use many vessels while they are still struggling with their failures--for in their conscious sense of need, they are more yielded to Me than they who think themselves to be without flaw. To feel need is to receive grace. It is natural to reject yourself when you have failed. When you know that I do not reject you even in your worst state, faith will rise and slay despair, hope will drive out discouragement and My love will restore your joy. You should never abandon your desire for holiness because of your failures. You judge yourself incurably sinful. I see you as potentially pure."

No comments: